Skip to Main Content

Alumni and Members of the Bench and Bar, and Public Patrons

alumni talking

Your use of the law library does not end when you graduate from law school. The law library welcomes alumni and members of the bench and bar to take advantage of the many resources available at the law library.

Alumni, and members of the bench and bar, may apply for a library card to borrow materials. The library subscribes to a variety of resources in print format that may interest practitioners, including PBI materials as well as major Pennsylvania treatises and forms.

Alumni, members of the bench and bar, and public patrons should also review our Borrowing Privileges and the Building Access information before coming to campus.

Alumni, Bench, Bar Access Hours

Monday to Saturday   8 a.m. - 8 p.m.

Sunday  10 a.m. - 8 p.m.

Use is restricted to the law library on the main floor, for legal research purposes only. Use of the law library is not intended for meetings, including client meetings, of any kind.

Upon arrival, present a valid photo ID and bar membership card to Campus Safety. You must sign the library visitor’s log.

*Hours and policies are subject to change without notice.

*Please see our Law Library Patron Code of Conduct and Building Access information.

Use of Library Resources

Alumni, Bench, Bar visitors are welcome to use the Law Library's print resources and public access computers. Access to certain electronic resources are restricted to only students, faculty / adjuncts, and staff.

Law school alumni may obtain a Library Card and borrow up to six items.

Members of the bench and bar may also obtain a Library Card and may borrow up to three circulating items.

Librarian Assistance

The library generally does not provide research services to alumni and members of the bench and bar.

However, if you have a limited in scope reference question, please email, and we will determine if we can assist you.

We cannot provide legal advice, specify which laws might apply to a situation, interpret the law, or conduct legal research for you.