The Synopsis Note
The Synopsis Note - Beginning in the mid-1970s, synopsis notes have been attached to all bills and amendments to bills. The synopsis note gives a brief statement of the purpose of the bill. The synopsis note will only be found on the bill, not in the Laws of Delaware or Delaware Code.
- Paper - at the end of the bill in Delaware Bills and Resolutions - call number KFD6 .A2
- at the end of the bill in the Bill Tracking section of http://legis.delaware.gov/ (1997-current)
- Lexis - The Lexis Delaware bill databases are very inconsistent about including the synopsis notes and I cannot recommend using them. Use http://legis.delaware.gov/ instead
- Westlaw - on the bill in the DE-BILLS database (current session only) or DE-LEGIS or DE-LEGIS-OLD (1990-current)
The Delaware Code
Codified laws are published in the Delaware Code Annotated
The Laws of Delaware
Passed acts are published in the Laws of Delaware. These are the session laws of the state of Delaware.
Delaware House and Senate Journals
Delaware House and Senate Journals - House and Senate Journals are published for each session of the General Assembly. The Journals give information on who sponsored each bill; the voting record and the date the Governor signed the bill. Additionally, the Journals contain the minutes of the proceedings of the General Assembly prior to 1967.
- House Journal
- Paper - call number KFD18 .H6 (1905-current)
- Microfilm - (1792-current)
- Senate Journal
- Paper - call number KFD18 .S4 (1899-current)
- Microfilm - (1776-current)
- Online - Some older House and Senate Journals are available on Google Books. The newer volumes are not available online, although some of the information in them (bill sponsors, voting records, etc.) can be found on the General Assembly's webpage http://legis.delaware.gov/