Last Updated: Jan 10, 2011
- Delaware Code Annotated - Title 11 - Crimes and Criminal Procedure
- Pennsylvania Statutes and Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes - Title 18 - Crimes and Offenses
- Browse or Search the Table of Contents on Lexis or Westlaw
- See page 263 of The Bluebook, 19th Ed. for an explanation of citing to PA Statutes
Other Primary Material: Both Westlaw and Lexis have Criminal "Tabs" which bring together many criminal law databases into one page. Please follow the instructions below to access these materials.
- Westlaw: Criminal Practice Tab
- Sign on to the Westlaw Research system
- In the upper right corner of the screen, follow the link to "Add a Tab"
- Near the top of that page, Follow the link to "Add Westlaw Tabs"
- Scroll down to see the "Topical" tabs section
- Click the check box in front of "Criminal Practice"
- At the bottom of the page, click " Add to My Tab Set"
- The Criminal Practice Tab will now appear among the light blue tabs near the top of the screen. This tab contains links to databases of Criminal Cases, Criminal Briefs and Jury Instructions. Please note that not every database listed on the Criminal Practice Tab is available on the Law School Contract. (For example, law students do not have access to the Person Tracker nor Arrest Records databases.)
- Lexis: Criminal Tab
- Sign on to the Lexis Research system
- In the upper right corner of the screen, (under the History link), follow the link to "Add/Edit SubTabs"
- Scroll down to the "Practice Area" section
- Click the check box in front of "Criminal Law"
- At the bottom of the page, click "Next"
- The Next screen allows you to reorder the tabs, if desired.
- Click "Set"
- The Criminal Law Tab will now appear in red near the top of the screen. This tab contains links to databases of Criminal Statutes, Cases and Jury Instructions as well as many secondary resources.